Did you recently purchase a Keurig K-Mini and start experiencing issues with your unit? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a troubleshooting guide that detailed the most common problems with their solutions? Well, your wait is over. This article offers a detailed guide to troubleshoot your Keurig Mini.
Keurig K-Mini Troubleshooting
K-Mini is one of the finest coffee makers in the market. It’s very much user friendly and save a lot of time. To help you fix Keurig K Mini, we have created a list of the most common issues, together with detailed instructions and step-by-step tutorials.
If you try all of those solutions or fixes, your Keurig still can’t get to work, this Keurig Parts list article will help you a lot, you can find all the must to buy keurig replacements parts there.
Problem 1: Keurig Mini Not Working
Keurig Mini isn’t working? It’s not just you. All coffee machines come with their own unique set of problems. The good news is that most of these problems are pretty easy to fix and don’t require any special tools or anything.
Case A: Keurig Mini Isn’t Working when it is turned on:
If your Keurig is plugged in but it won’t turn on, there are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot. First, check the power outlet to make sure that it’s working. Then, unplug the Keurig and plug it back in to reset it. If these don’t work, check your fuse box to see if a fuse needs to be replaced.
Case B: Keurig Mini Isn’t Working when it is brewing:
If your Keurig isn’t brewing correctly, you may need to descale it using a white vinegar solution. You can also remove the water reservoir and clean the area where the needle pierces the K-cup to remove any coffee grounds.
Case C: Keurig Mini Isn’t Working when you add water:
If you’re having trouble adding water, check that the water reservoir hasn’t been removed while there was still a K-cup inside of the machine. If this is happening, you can use a paper clip or safety pin to poke the needle through so that the reservoir can be removed.
Case D: Keurig Mini Isn’t Working when it doesn’t brew enough coffee:
If your Keurig isn’t making as much coffee as it used to, the water reservoir may be to blame. If you have a large family or a lot of Keurig users at your place of business, you may need to fill the water reservoir more often. Check the water level and add more water if needed.
Case E: Keurig Mini Isn’t Working When it doesn’t brew hot enough:
If your Keurig isn’t brewing hot enough, you may need to wait for it to warm up after turning it on. You can also use a thermometer to measure the temperature of the water in your machine; if it’s not getting above 195 degrees Fahrenheit, you should contact Keurig support for assistance. A third possibility is that your machine needs descaling; refer to your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to do this with your model. If the water reservoir lid isn’t seated properly or if you don’t hear the water pump running, you should contact Keurig support as well.
Case F: Keurig Mini Not Working When it doesn’t brew fast enough:
If your Keurig isn’t brewing fast enough, or if it seems like it’s taking longer than usual to brew, you may be able to fix this problem by cleaning and descaling the unit. If these steps don’t work, contact Keurig support for assistance.
Case G: Keurig Mini Not Working when it won’t heat up:
If you can turn on your Keurig but it won’t heat water, you probably need to replace something in it. The most likely part is the heating element, which can be replaced by someone with moderate repair skills.
Case H: Keurig Mini Not Working when there’s no water flow:
If no water comes out of your Keurig, first make sure that the water reservoir is full. If so, there might be a clog in the line stopping the water from flowing through. Try running vinegar through your Keurig to clean out any blockages. Make sure you run fresh water through the machine afterward.
Case I: Keurig Mini Not Working with leaking:
A leaky Keurig can be a sign of a few things. First, check that you haven’t overfilled the water reservoir, which can cause leaks when you move your Keurig mini. Also make sure that your water filter is properly seated in its compartment and that the lid is properly sealed.
Case J: Keurig Mini Not Working When it won’t dispense water:
If your Keurig isn’t dispensing water at all, you may need to wait for your machine to heat up. If this doesn’t solve the problem, try running a descaling cycle and flush the system several times before trying again. Another possibility is that there’s something stuck in your machine’s exit needle; removing this should fix.
Problem 2: Keurig Mini Won’t Turn On
There are several reasons that can cause the Keurig k mini not to turn on, including:
- Power supply failure: A common cause of the issue is a faulty power supply. This may be due to a damaged power cord, a blown fuse or circuit breaker, or a faulty power outlet.
- Blocked water flow: If the water reservoir is not properly filled, or the water is not flowing through the machine, the Keurig k mini will not turn on.
- Clogged needles: If the needles that pierce the K-cups become clogged, the Keurig k mini will not brew, and the power will not turn on.
- Broken motor or pump: If the motor or pump that powers the machine is damaged or broken, the Keurig k mini will not turn on.
- Faulty electronic component: Any of the electronic components that control the Keurig k mini’s operation, such as the control board, may develop a fault.
How to fix a Keurig Mini that won’t turn on:
- Check the power supply: Verify that the power cord is plugged into a working outlet, and test the outlet voltage. If the voltage is low or unstable, try plugging the machine into a different outlet.
- Unclog the water flow: Make sure the water reservoir is filled to the proper level, and check for any blockages in the water line. Run hot water through the machine to clear any clogs.
- Clear clogged needles: Use a paper clip or toothpick to clear any clogs in the needles. Ensure that the needles are not bent or broken.
- Replace broken motor or pump: If the motor or pump is not functioning, it will need to be replaced. Contact Keurig customer service to obtain replacement parts.
- Repair faulty electronic components: If the control board or any other electronic components are damaged, it may require professional repair. Contact Keurig customer service for assistance or find a certified Keurig technician.
How to turn on a Keurig Mini properly:
- First, ensure that the Keurig Mini is plugged in and the power cord is connected properly.
- Lift the handle on the top of the machine to open the brewer.
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh, cold water up to the maximum fill line.
- Place your favorite K-Cup into the K-Cup holder located at the top of the brewer.
- Close the lid by lowering the handle until it clicks into place.
- Press the power button located on the top right of the machine to turn it on.
- Once the machine has heated up (the light will turn solid), choose your desired cup size by pressing the corresponding button on the top of the machine.
- The Keurig Mini will start brewing your coffee automatically!
Problem 3: Keurig Mini Turns On and Shuts off on Its Own
If your Keurig Mini turns on and off automatically, then the first thing you need to check is the water reservoir. The machine will turn off automatically if it detects that there is no more water in the reservoir. Make sure that it contains enough water. Ensure that the lid is closed properly and securely as well, because a loose lid can cause the same problem. Sometimes, when you place a pot on the drip tray, it may activate the sensor and cause the machine to shut down.
If these actions do not resolve the issue, inspect the power cord for any signs of damage such as cracks or cuts. You should also check if it is plugged in properly into an outlet with ample voltage. If everything is fine but your machine still turns on or off without prior notice, change its settings by entering menu mode.
Problem 4: Keurig K-Mini Says “Add Water” but It’s Full
Reason A: If your Keurig K-Mini says “Add Water” but it’s full, then there is likely a problem with the float. This is just a small piece of plastic that keeps track of how much water is in the machine. It floats when there is water in the reservoir, and it sinks when the level gets low. The problem with this system is that sometimes the float gets stuck.
Solution A: Firstly, unplug the machine and then unplug the reservoir. Next, take a paperclip or a similar object and use it to push up on the float. It may be stuck down below where you can’t reach it otherwise. If you’ve never done this before, you may find it easier if you disassemble your K-Mini first so that you can get to it more easily.
Reason B: Keurig Mini Says “Add Water” but It’s Full If you get the message “Add Water” on your Keurig Mini, it could be because the machine isn’t reading the water level properly.
Solution B: When this happens, you’ll need to unplug your Keurig Mini and empty out any water that is left in the reservoir. Then, remove the reservoir and clean it by hand. To clean by hand, fill the reservoir with hot water, pour a little liquid dish soap into the water, and then scrub with a soft sponge or microfiber cloth.
Problem 5: Keurig K-Mini Coffee Tastes Odd
When the reservoir is not cleaned, the water in it will taste funny, which will make coffee taste a little different. If you have used the same unit for more than a couple of weeks then that is probably the case. When it comes to cleaning the reservoir, things are pretty simple. You can use either vinegar or lemon juice to clean it out and get rid of any smell that might be present in your coffee machine.
Another reason why your coffee might not taste good is that you are using old k-cups. Old k-cups will lose their flavor if they are kept inside for too long, so make sure that you buy your supplies often enough to avoid this problem from happening.
Finally, if you just bought your Keurig Mini coffee maker and you have been using it for a few days, make sure that you run plain water through it a few times. This will make sure that any residue from its production gets flushed out before you use it for making actual coffee.
Problem 6: Keurig K-Mini Is Noisy When Brewing
The Cause: If your K-Mini makes noise when brewing, it might be due to the fact that some water remained after your last brew cycle and has hardened on the needle puncture. This causes the needle to make more noise than normal when puncturing the next K-Cup container.
The Solution: To clean this out, pull up on the handle and lift it off the machine. There is a small piece of plastic attached to the bottom of the handle that is shaped like an arrowhead. Lift this arrowhead out of its slot and run it under a stream of warm water for about 10 seconds. Dry it with a paper towel or soft cloth and set it aside until it dries completely. Replace it in the slot and lower the handle back into place on the machine.
Problem 7: Keurig Mini Descale Light Stays On
Reason A: The Keurig K-Mini descale light stays on because the appliance needs to be descaled. This is a very common problem and is easily fixed.
Solution A: You can purchase a descaling solution, or you can use any vinegar. If you choose to use vinegar as your descaling solution, read the following steps: Fill the water reservoir with 1/3 distilled white vinegar and 2/3 water. The vinegar will help to break down all of the mineral deposits in your machine. Place a cup under the spout before turning off your machine by pressing the auto off button for three seconds until the red light turns off.
Reason B: The Keurig Mini Descale light will turn on when it’s time to replace the solution. Press and hold down the brew button until all of the liquid has drained from the reservoir into your cup. This prevents any damage to your machine when pouring out old coffee or tea that may have been sitting in there for a while.
Solution B: Repeat steps two through four until there is no more liquid left in the water reservoir, which should take about three times total depending on how much space was taken up by coffee grounds or tea leaves before draining them out initially (See note). If you still get an error message after these steps.
Problem 8: Keurig Mini Stopped in the Middle of a Brew
There can be several reasons why your Keurig K-Mini may stop brewing in the middle of the process. Here are some possible causes and solutions:
- Water level issue: The water reservoir may be running low or there may be an air bubble in the water line. Check the water level and make sure there is enough water in the reservoir. Also, try to remove the water reservoir and reseat it to ensure a proper connection.
- Clogged needle: The needle that punctures the K-Cup may be clogged with coffee grinds or debris, preventing the water from flowing properly. To fix this, disconnect your Keurig from the power for a while, take out the K-Cup holder, and clean it with a needle or paper clip.
- Power or electronics issue: There may be a malfunction in the electronic components or the power supply that is causing your Keurig to stop brewing. In this case, unplug the machine, wait for a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Check the power cord and outlet to ensure they are not damaged or loose.
Problem 9: Keurig K Mini Says Descale But Won’t Brew
If your Keurig K-Mini is displaying the “descale” message but won’t brew, it means that mineral buildup is interfering with the machine’s performance. Here’s how to fix it:
- Descale the machine: The first step is to descale the machine using a descaling solution recommended by Keurig. Fill the water reservoir with the solution and run a brew cycle. Repeat the process until the reservoir is empty. Rinse the reservoir and brew a few cycles with clean water.
- Clean the needle: Once you have descaled the machine, remove the K-Cup holder and clean the needle with a paper clip or needle. This will ensure that no mineral buildup is left behind.
- Check the water filter: If your Keurig K-Mini has a water filter, make sure it’s not clogged with debris. Replace it if necessary.
Problem 10: Keurig K Mini Leaking Water When Heating
3. Reasons and How to Fix Keurig K-Mini Leaking Water When Heating:
If your Keurig K-Mini is leaking water when heating up, there could be a few possible causes. Here are some solutions:
- Check the water reservoir: Make sure the water reservoir is properly seated and the lid is closed securely. If it’s loose or not aligned correctly, water can leak out.
- Clean the machine: Mineral buildup can cause the water lines to clog or become damaged, causing leaks. Descale the machine as described in question 2 above. Clean the needle as well to ensure proper flow of water.
- Check the gasket: The gasket, which seals the water reservoir to the heating element, may be misaligned or damaged. Carefully remove and inspect the gasket, cleaning and reseating it as necessary. Replace it if it’s damaged.
If none of these solutions fix the problem, contact Keurig customer service for further assistance.
How to Reset a Keurig Mini Machine?
If you are having problems with your Keurig Mini, the machine may need to be reset.
Reset K-Mini Manually:
- Turn off your Keurig by pressing the power button.
- Unplug the machine from the wall outlet.
- Wait approximately one minute and plug the machine back in.
- Press the power button once again to turn on your Keurig Mini.
- Reset Keurig Mini Machine Using Buttons
- Press the large brew button and hold it down for three seconds. The brew button is located in the lower right hand corner of your Keurig’s control panel.
- The Add Water light will blink, indicating that your machine has been reset.
How to Contact K-Mini Customer Center?
How to contact Keurig K-Mini customer center? If you have any question or problem with your account, you may contact Keurig Mini through their customer service contact page. You can also contact Keurig Mini through their social media pages. Some of them have a messaging or contact us button which you can use to send your message directly to the company.
How to find Keurig Mini opening hours? Keurig Mini opening hours are available on their website. You can also check Keurig Mini stores near me or store finder on their website to find the store hours. Some of them allow you to book a time slot to visit the store and some may have limited opening hours due to covid-19.
1. How often should I descale my Keurig coffee maker?
Keurig coffee makers should be descaled every three to six months, depending on the frequency of use and the hardness of the water. If you notice a decrease in the amount of coffee produced or if the coffee tastes weak or bitter, this may also be a sign that descaling is required.
2. What is the best way to clean my Keurig machine?
To clean a Keurig coffee maker, first remove the water reservoir and wash it with soap and water. Next, fill the reservoir with equal parts water and white vinegar and run the brew cycle until the reservoir is empty. Repeat this process with water only to rinse the machine. Clean other components, such as the K-cup holder and drip tray, with soap and water. Regularly wiping down the exterior with a damp cloth can also help keep the machine clean.
3. Can I use vinegar to descale Keurig machines?
Yes, white vinegar is an effective and inexpensive way to descale a Keurig coffee maker. Dilute equal parts water and vinegar and run it through the brew cycle to remove any built-up mineral deposits. After the vinegar cycle, run a few cycles with water only to rinse the machine. It is important to clean the machine regularly with vinegar to prevent build-up and ensure optimal performance.
The Keurig K-Mini is an awesome machine, a better version is the Keurig Mini Plus, and like every other product, it can encounter some issues. All of these guides were created to help you overcome any minor problems you may be having with your Mini and maximize its functionality.