Are you tired of the unpleasant taste in your morning coffee? Have you noticed that your Keurig K Supreme Plus isn’t performing at its best lately? Well, it might be time to give your trusty coffee maker a good descaling. But how to descale Keurig K Supreme Plus? In this guide, we will take you through the step-by-step process of descaling your Keurig K Supreme Plus, ensuring that you can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee every morning.
Signs Your Keurig Supreme Plus Needs Descaling
Has the behavior of your Keurig Supreme Plus changed recently? It could be attempting to communicate with you. The following are some typical indicators that your coffee machine may require immediate descaling:
- Slow Brewing: If your Keurig Supreme Plus is taking longer than usual to brew a cup of coffee, it could be an indication of mineral deposits clogging up the internal components, leading to a slower brewing process.
- Strange Tastes: Notice any unusual or off-putting flavors in your coffee? Mineral buildup can alter the taste and aroma of your brew, impacting its overall quality and enjoyment.
- Reduced Cup Size: When your Keurig starts dispensing smaller cups of coffee than it should, it could be a sign of blocked water lines caused by mineral accumulation, affecting the machine’s performance.
- Noisy Brewing: Unusual sounds during the brewing process could signal that your coffee maker is struggling with mineral-related issues, prompting the need for descaling to restore optimal functionality.
Why Should I Descale My K-Supreme Plus Machine?
Your machine has to be descaled for maintenance purposes. If you continue to use this machine without cleaning it, it will undoubtedly malfunction and may sustain significant damage that would require expensive repairs. Additionally, nothing tastes better than coffee that has been descaled in the machine. A low-quality cup of coffee, with some particles in it, and numerous other issues will start to appear. Therefore, it would be great if you descale it.
How to Descale Keurig Supreme Plus? Step-By-Step Guide
Here are the steps to descale your Keurig Supreme Plus:
Step 1: Preparation
Ensure that your Keurig Supreme Plus is powered off and unplugged to ensure safety before beginning the descaling process.
Step 2: Descaling Solution
Pour the entire bottle of Keurig Descale Solution into the empty water reservoir, and then refill the bottle with water and add it to the reservoir. This prepares the descaling solution for the cleaning process.
Step 3: Prepare Your Mug
Place a suitable-sized mug on the drip tray to collect the descaling solution during the cleaning cycle.
Step 4: Activate Descale Mode
Plug in your brewer and turn it on. Press and hold both the 8oz and 12oz buttons simultaneously for approximately 3 seconds to activate the descaling mode. Then, press the brew button to start the descaling process.
Step 5: Rinse and Repeat
After each brewing cycle, carefully pour the hot liquid into the sink. Repeat this step until the ADD WATER light indicates that more water is needed, ensuring thorough descaling.
Step 6: Fresh Water Rinse
Empty the water reservoir, rinse it thoroughly, and refill it with fresh, clean water up to the MAX fill line to prepare for the rinsing stage.
Step 7: Repeat Rinsing
Initiate the rinse cycle by pressing the brew button when the indicator lights prompt you to do so. Discard the hot water down the sink after each rinse cycle.
How Often Should You Descale Your Keurig Supreme Plus?
Cleaning your Keurig Supreme Plus is important to maintain its performance. It is generally recommended to descale your machine every three to six months. However, this timeframe can vary depending on factors like the water hardness in your area and how frequently you use the brewer. If you notice any issues or buildup, you may need to descale it more often. Regular descaling will help ensure that your Keurig continues to work well and brew delicious coffee for a long time.
Maintenance Tips to Extend Your Keurig Supreme Plus’s Lifespan
Below are some maintenance tips to help extend the lifespan of your Keurig Supreme Plus:
- Clean the external parts regularly using a damp cloth to remove dust and grime.
- Descale your machine every three to six months to prevent scale buildup and ensure optimal performance.
- Use filtered or bottled water to reduce mineral deposits in the brewer.
- Remove and clean the removable parts, such as the water reservoir and drip tray, regularly.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners when cleaning the machine.
- Check and replace the water filter periodically to maintain water quality.
- Keep the brewer in a well-ventilated area to prevent overheating.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper storage and transportation of the machine.
How do you turn off the descale light on a Keurig?
To turn off the descale light, complete the descaling process. The light will automatically turn off once it’s done. If it doesn’t, unplug the brewer for a few minutes and plug it back in.
How do I reset my Keurig K Supreme Plus?
To reset your Keurig K Supreme Plus, turn it off and unplug it. Wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and power it on. Reattach the water reservoir. Your brewer should be reset to its default settings.
So there you have it – a simple and effective way to descale your Keurig K Supreme Plus. Regular descaling is crucial to maintaining the performance of your coffee maker and preserving the taste of your favorite brews. With just a few simple steps, you can remove those troublesome mineral deposits and ensure that your Keurig K Supreme Plus continues to deliver excellent coffee day after day.